Time: 8:45 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: 412 Nolan St. SE Atlanta, GA
Please view this great video on how to plant a tree prior to volunteering.
- We will be planting trees from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Please arrive at 8:45 a.m. to get signed in so that we can begin promptly at 9 a.m. It is important to arrive on time as we only provide one demonstration (it takes 20 minutes) and every volunteer needs to see it. We also want all volunteers to stay for the entire project, and not leave before we finish.
- All ages are welcome, but volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and all volunteers between the ages of 16 and 17 who are not accompanied by a parent/guardian must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for them.
- Volunteers should wear closed-toed shoes or boots, clothes that can get dirty, sunscreen and bug spray as needed.
- Volunteers should bring drinking water in a reusable container. No one-time-use plastic bottles, please.
- Tree planting is hard work, so make sure you eat a good breakfast and come prepared to work hard. A snack might be a good thing for those who tend to lose steam.
- Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather beforehand and come prepared.
- Trees Atlanta will provide all necessary tools and instruction, though volunteers may prefer to bring their own work gloves.
Community service hours will be awarded to students.
Trees Atlanta Volunteer Coordinator: Brian Williams: 912.856.1600